Saturday, November 22, 2008

Recipe #7?: Peanut Butter Flaxseed Cookies

I've had several people get this recipe. Since Shannon requested it now too, I said I'd put it up here. These cookies are popular and addicting. That's a warning.

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1. Combine flour, flax, baking soda, salt
2. Cream together sugars and butter. Beat in vanilla, egg, and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in flour mixture.
3. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 min.

I should give credit to the Dietitians of Canada for this recipe. You can find it in their cookbook: Simply Great Food: 250 quick, easy & delicious recipes. I don't recommend cookbooks usually, but this one I would. It's one of my most used.

I did something out of the ordinary today. I went to a writing/cooking workshop for the afternoon. Food and stories do go together. I know I'd enjoy putting the 2 of them together more. Maybe you will see some of it here, or maybe it will just be another thing I will think about doing.

Enjoy the cookies. They are amazing, I promise. I'm going to relax in the hot tub and hear about Ian's little moose hunting trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://truetobegood.blogspot.com/

Janet, here is my blog.

J'nea