Saturday, August 22, 2009

Old news

I'm posting old news first. I don't know where this past month has gone. Really, I've said things like that before, but I REALLY mean it this time. I feel like I don't know what happened to time.

So, this beautiful piece came into our house in July. We talked about what to do with this corner of the kitchen since we moved in - take down the wall and open up the kitchen/dining room/living room into one space, OR put up some shelving in this corner and put in a island, OR put a table here (which I really didn't want since there's already one just a few steps away). Anyhow, I saw this advertised late one night and the next day we went and bought it. Kitchen - done! Beautiful and functional. It's the baking corner. Kitchen aid, bread maker, flour and all such things stored here. When the top is pulled out, plenty of room to work. I will admit to having pretty bad buyers remorse for a bit after such an impulse by, until it made its way from the garage to its corner in the house. I especially fell in love when I was making biscuits peacefully here while Ian was making soup in the other corner of the kitchen.


The only thing we need to do is put some glass here. I'm wondering if my wonderfully talented cousin Monica would be interested in helping us out here? Any thoughts Monica?


4 comments:

Monica said...

:)
Oh, what fun! It's a beautiful piece as it is, but for sure there are things you could do with the space! Are you thinking a solid piece of glass, maybe with a texture? Or a stained glass piece? I would love to help you out with that! (As long as you're not in a hurry for it!) Let me know what you have in mind!

Janet said...

We thought it would be hard to match up a texture piece like the other glass that's there, but maybe it wouldn't be?? or maybe it wouldn't look as out of place as I imagine it would if it didn't match perfectly? We did wonder about a stained glass piece. I wondered about the tans and browns as background colors in it and then maybe a flower. I picture something will some deep reds and deep olive greens. But, I don't know for sure or have my heart set on that. I'm open to your suggestions (or anyone else!). And we are definately not in a hurry :)

jenn with two n's said...

I think the stain glass would look lovely!

Anonymous said...

Love the new addition... enjoy it! Looks beautiful crystal