Thursday, March 25, 2010

i miss winter.

so I know that not many people will agree with me. But, I wasn't quite ready for the snow to disappear. I've been missing times like these...
Kellen was so excited to go skiing for his first time.But, after awhile he said, "Why is it so far to the big hill???" I guess he didn't quite get the difference between x-country and downhill. My explanation of how much fun it is to have an adventure in the woods wasn't cutting it. He did not want to continue on.Thankfully, this woodpecker appeared. And we watched, whispered, and marvelled about the woodpecker. Then we had a crazy, exciting, giggling race against Dad. It was so fun, I wish we'd gotten him out with us one more time.Ian & I went to Madge Lake with another couple for a kid-less weekend. The trails were beautiful and busy. It was shocking to see a x-country ski parking lot packed, including 3 large tour buses. There were 200 skiers for a loppet. Not initially excited about that, but ended up enjoying it and left dreaming about soon having our family out there together participating in fun events like that. I really enjoyed watching the young kids and families skiing together. What a good group of friendly people. (Oh, I hope my future weekends might look like this and not include eating rink food and listening to parents yell...)We also really enjoyed our coffee/hot cocoa watching these little guys. I have never been so close to beavers before. Ian just about fell off his log perch laughing when I asked if a beaver would ever attack. I was just making sure!
Did I make anyone else miss winter fun?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are going x-crountry skiing tomorrow. The kids love it. If we every move back to Regina our families will definetly be skiing together
J'nea

Madame Angela Baggett said...

yeah! I hope we will be so enthusiastic!

Davis Family said...

Tell Ian not to laugh. I read a book when I was a kid - I think it was called "The Beaver." Anyhow this thing (beaver) was big and DANGEROUS! It was a novel - but still it left a very big impression. So maybe your question wasn't so funny after all!