Sunday, June 04, 2006

Canoeing

Okay, here is a post finally not about Kellen. With summer here it makes me think about canoeing. Last year at this time I was on my most fun canoe trip ever! It was exciting, scary, challenging, relaxing, peaceful, beautiful...I could go on and on. Here are a few of my favorite pictures, although there are so many its hard to choose.
Challenging the Otter Rapids was exhilerating!


Watching the plane take off after dropping us left me feeling alive with anticipation for the adventure and slightly abandoned at the same time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been canoeing in Northern Saskatchewan once.

I loved it.

I didn't have a freaking clue what I was doing, but I loved it.

I do it again in a heartbeat.

Ian said...

The other Ian said:
Wow what pictures. I've been on 10 canoe trips but I wish that I could have been on that one. I won't be able to go canoing this year since Ruth and I are visiting the newest arrival of Angela's and Brian as well as Ivan. We'll have to visit sometime.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

How all went on this trip? I see people, but can't tell who they are. Brian and I would love to go again, but if you invite us to those rapids, I'm quite sure we'd never make it out! We were the worst canoers ever. I didn't know how to steer, but became the back seat driver since it was Brian's first time ever to canoe. We did at least twice the distance of everyone else, zig zagging to our destination. We left first and arrived last every portage and loved every minute of it. There's a lake 10 min. from Abilene and I've thought of getting a canoe, but that's too scary with little ones. I guess we just get to reminisce for now.