Friday, June 23, 2006

Kellen's Feet

Kellen's wiggling feet kept him entertained for almost an hour. It seemed to confuse him that the bear faces would move when he wiggled. At first it would seem to scare him and he'd get real still and watch the faces, waiting for them to move again. Hee, hee! It was mostly fun for me to watch his expressive eyes.

We've had a busy week here. Ian and I started basement renovations. Getting rid of the 70s red electric fireplace, gold patterned lino, red Hawaiian curtians, 4 different kinds of paneling (which seemed to be put up randomly). I don't know how Ian does it, getting up at 5:30 for work and staying up past midnight all week painting and putting in flooring. I had to take a couple naps this week. Ian often gets obsessed with projects, I'm glad this time its the project that I wanted done. Now the baseboards and my much anticipated desk/work station/wall unit (design still to be determined) are all the remain. I'll post pics when its all finished.

Kathy came to visit Tues and Wed. Thanks to her, the painting got done much faster. Much to my embarassment and Ian's delight. Next time I promise no work, Kathy. Please visit again! She also helped with Kellen while I cooked at the Community Outreach. It was suppose to be a cooking class, but lots of stuff/crisis was going on. She also encouraged/forced me to really run again. We are putting a team together to run a marathon as a relay in the fall. I have been taking it easy when I go for a run, and walk whenever I feel like it...with the excuse that I'm still getting in shape since the baby. Well, he is 4 months old now. Kathy said she enjoyed the payback after the runs I used to drag her on.

Anyhow, there's a little update.

No comments: