Saturday, July 25, 2009

Week thoughts.

My week flew by at an amazing speed. I'm counting down the remaining carefree days of summer minus work. I'd like to say I've been enjoying every second, but its been hard to. Lanelle was sick this week - grouchy and fevered. So sleep was far from optimal and she's been very demanding. But, we carried on and Kellen did his swimming lessons every morning at the beach. He did real well and got his duck sticker. It was difficult for me, because he found it very cold and didn't want to stay in for the whole time. It went better when I finally resorted to bribing. We would get ice cream if he listened and stayed in the water. I hated doing it, but it worked so well. It's only bad if you do it ALL the time, right? (We only did it 2 days, just to clarify.)

Do you like Lanelle's dress? I'm very proud of it and had her wear it almost every day this week. I think my sewing machine is going to make a few projects, as I might get addicted. The little afternoon project was a bright spot for me and made my week feel successful and happy.

Until Friday anyhow. Friday was a "hmmmph" kind of day. I'm not sure if I woke up grouchy or if the kids did and then made me grouchy. Maybe, I realized that the week had flown by and I didn't get to do many things on my fun list. I couldn't seem to get anything done and didn't really have enough motivation to tackle life. Anybody out there understand? I just felt stuck in a rut I didn't want to be in.

I really wanted to feel motivated again. I was hopeful I would have an inspiring Saturday morning on a fun shopping adventure with Lanelle in the city, since Ian and Kellen were off to the hunting cabin. After picking up the necessary wedding gift (which we needed for this evening) and being tortured at Michael's by each other. I decided to shorten my fun shopping list, since it really wasn't fun for either of us. But, I still did hit Fabricland since I wanted to be able to make a couple more dresses this week.

And then I stumbled across this. An amazing deal on some beautiful curtains that match our living room/dining room perfectly. I'm sure I've dreamed about them, but never thought I'd find exactly what I wanted and especially at such an amazing price.


Good bye you ugly old red curtains. I'm feeling more inspired about the upcoming week and making my list of what I really want to do - with the kids and my own projects. I'm thinking its going to be a good week. I know I've shared some weak week thoughts here, I just find it interesting what little happenings make me feel like its a sunny, happy world. Little dresses, curtains, or whatever.
Now that I'm smiling again, its easier to remember more of the good things about this past week, which included, fun times with sister Kathy visiting for a day, good times reconnecting with friends at the beach that I've missed since being back at work, seeing the beautiful relationship between bride and father tonight that made me cry...just a few more of the sunny spots in my week.

3 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Ha! We had swimming lessons this week too. The water was indoor and warm, but Ivan did not want to go! I also ended up bribing for him to change his attitude. We'd tried everything, sharing courage stories, praying, making courage songs for him, but the real clincher was the promise of a donut!

Sarina said...

Very cute dress! I like the curtains too. Glad you had a good visit with Kathy on Sunday! Enjoy the rest of your holidays. : )

Anonymous said...

Very nice curtains and dress! HOpe you are having a perfect week!
Jenn