Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Slipping.

Days have really been slipping away on me. Actually, I feel like a whole season slipped away on me. I find myself trying to grasp the fact that I will be done work in less than a month. I can't seem to believe just how soon it is that our family is going to grow.

I have been enjoying things - new activities like skating, obsessions like knitting, funny kid things like Lanelle's imaginary friend "Poopy", and necessary things like stories and cuddling. It's been a great place to be, but I feel a shift coming on. I'm glad I've been relaxed about life and purposeful about enjoying the little moments. I don't want to let go of that but maybe its time to be a little more purposeful about making some things happen. Maybe because its time for some more organization around here. Probably because a new baby will soon be here and there is a great season of life change approaching.

I guess saying that here is an announcement to myself to make the changes I crave instead of contemplating. And, being here is a part of my habit when I start getting caught up on pictures. These are looking like a LONG time ago, now that we are buried in snow.

It was good to get in a visit to the farm during harvest.So much fun to wash carrots with Grandpa Bill.

Funny to remember Ian getting dressed up with the kids to go trick-or-treating. (And I think Ian was more excited than the kids about getting in costume!)

So, fall is gone and we move on to the next season. For so long, my answer to the kids question about when the baby will come has been "not until there is lots of snow." Well, there is lots of snow. That in itself has changed the rhythm of life. Ian was out the door just a few minutes ago for another all night snow removal shift. The kids and I have been missing walks and garden times. Tonight Kellen asked "When will spring come? I want to plant. I love planting!" I was tempted to just agree with him, but decided to remind him of some of the fun things to enjoy this winter season. Skiing, skating, snowmen, and of course the baby coming!

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

I am so excited that you guys have a new baby coming! Thrilled for you! God's blessings on you and your lovely wee family.