Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Kellen helped make chocolate chip cookies for his pre-K fun night snack potluck. He was such a good helper. So, I got him to help make them for his friends at his birthday party. And, after a thoughtful boy shared them with his mother, I was asked to share the recipe, so here it is:

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup margarine, softened
2 eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1.5 cups chocolate chips

Beat together sugars, marg, eggs, and vanilla. Add soda, salt, and flour. Mix. Add choc chips. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

Okay, I know these are not healthy at all. But they are delicious and simple. Sometimes though I wish I had never found the recipe. Tastebuds may love them, but probably not any other part of the body! (Oh, the original came in the recipe book with my Kitchen Aid, so if you have one, you may have already discovered these.)

2 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

those were some of the best cookies EVER! thanks for the recipe and yes, I totally did make Ivan share some of his stash with me, which is why I know they are so good. I'm about to print it out and I even have all the ingredients!

Anonymous said...

I am making them right now.. crystal