Thursday, February 22, 2007

Birthday Bash

It started as a joke. The dietitan putting peas on her son's birthday cake. I couldn't resist. I made an eggless pumpkin cake for him, which was surprisingly good. Green peas went so nicely with the orange.
Kellen has been having tons of fun with all his new toys. (Thanks everybody!) Ian took care of Kellen today while I was at work, and he also noticed how well he plays by himself with new toys. The best reaction he gave was from his new hockey stick from Uncle Tim and Auntie Sarina. He nearly injuired a few kids wildly swinging it around in his excitement.
An evening at our place wouldn't be complete without some table tennis. I love this picture of the fans enjoying the game between the grandpas.


6 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Happy Birthday Kellen...I would have loved to have been there to celebrate! Love you guys. *The last post with Kellen pumping iron was great. No doubt as to who his parents are!

Laurie said...

Sounds and looks like a very fun time.....and interesting cake LOL

thanks for your comment on my blog! It was a good read!

If you ever want to email you can email me at laurienkaelie@hotmail.com
and I'll give you my main email addy.

take Care!

Anonymous said...

Hey Janet
I can't believe Kellen is already one. I remember seeing you in the hospital last year awaiting his arrival. The party looks fun. I also love the pic of kellen pumping iron.
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Hi Kellen,
My mom can't believe you're one already! And I can't believe I'll be so big in only a year. Hope to meet you soon!!
Love,
Jedd

armacleod said...

Hey I can actually see a bit of your house there. I hope that I will have a chance to visit your place at some point in the future. The birthday bash looks like tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Janet,
looks like a pretty sweet party! I can't believe he's already one, and even more that i've hardly even seen him and we really don't live that far away! Maybe we'll stop by next time we come through.
take care.