Sunday, November 25, 2007

I need a journal...

I should probably get a journal for the odd time I need to write on my life reflections. But I don't have one, so here I am. I guess you read by your own free will so I shouldn't apologize.

On Wednesday night, I worked late. I was doing a babyfood making/infant feeding class that went really well. I went as far as to say it was probably the best class ever since I've been working for the Tribal Council. It was the best turnout and the women were so interested and had so many good questions. I really enjoyed all the discussion and I had a lot of fun with these women!

Anyhow, on the way home as I came to the top of the valley the snow was falling and the town lights were twinkling and the lakes were reflecting beautiful light...like a picture in a movie. It took me back to the time, almost exactly 4 years ago when I drove into the town and it looked like exactly the same picture. I remembered how overwhelmed I felt thinking this was going to be home, wondering what kind of a job it was going to be, and just wondering what I was getting into. I was amazed when I realized how much has happened in just 4 years...all the life things like got married, had a kid. But I thought of more, like how this town is home now and how much I've learned about my job, people, and life. It made me thankful. It also made me want to live life with more purpose every day because every day adds up to something bigger in the big picture. Do you know what I mean? I suppose I could try to give an example, but I'm not even going to try.

Ian and Kellen should be home any minute. They went to Regina to watch the Rider game at Andrea's. I'm sure they had more fun than me. I kept checking on the game but I was mostly studying. I write an exam to be a personal trainer on Tuesday. I've finally been through all the material once really good. Now my approach is try get some sleep so I can remember it all. I'm sure I'll be dreaming about muscle names tonight.

No comments: