Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday Boy

Dear Kellen, You are 3! You know that and are able to communicate that clearly. You are so much a boy and so not a toddler anymore. You know what is exciting stuff and everyone else around you does too! You love Lightening, Mack, Bob, Scoop, big trucks... I love your enthusiasm for things that excite you! You have loved Whistling Gypsy, or Daddy's song, as you call it, for most of the last year. Now you are moving on to Life is a Highway, otherwise known to us as Mack's song. You listen to it 30 times in a row and love it as much the 30th time as the first. You make me laugh. You like me to play cars with you. You always tell me to "be this guy" and make me crawl on my knees with you. I love it, even though my knees on my favorite jeans are getting more worn than they should. Someday I know I will wish for the days when you so badly wanted me to play with you.

I love to watch you learn. You are learning so fast! You use new words all the time. You know how to ask me what a word means when you don't know it. You are getting good at puzzles. You are starting to color a picture and not just scribble all over the page. You are learning to share. You were so excited that you shared you cars with Carsen and Kyle and told me that Betty was proud of you. I am proud of you too. I always will be.

You had a great birthday party. You were so excited for your friends to come and for your fire truck cake. You requested hamburgers, which is your favorite food these days. It was a great birthday and I know this next year will be great. You are going to learn so much more and you are going to teach me so much more. I love you, Mom.





3 comments:

Davis Family said...

Again - nice cake - well done. You have two birthdays in a row - that is a real challenge.

Davis Family said...

Again - nice cake - well done. You have two birthdays in a row - that is a real challenge.

Anonymous said...

Great post Janet - it brought a tear to my eye! Hard to believe little Kellen is already 3. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!