Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Baby Girl

I think lanelle was trying to keep an eye on things while she slept. She's getting cuter all the time and making me fall more in love with her. She smiled and smiled at me today. It's good to take a moment and remember how much I love my kids. I'm tired of not getting a break. I haven't felt like myself this week. I found myself the other evening trying to find baby advil for Kellen but the pharmacy was closed. Both kids were crying in the back seat and I started to also. Not ready to go home and deal with the wailing baby and sick kid I started driving. I just about drove to Regina but realized that was ridiculous and turned around after Lanelle fell asleep and Kellen looked like he was ready to. And I called a friend when I got home. She brought half her medicine cabinet and took off her shoes and said she was staying to help for a bit. When she left I didn't feel like crying anymore, the house was tidied, she'd done the pile of dishes from the day, I'd got the laundry folded, and both kids were asleep. I don't know why its so hard to ask for and accept help sometimes. I've thought lots about that since...but I'm going to bed, maybe another time I'll share what I think about that.

8 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

So glad to see a pic of lovely Lanelle. I'm also glad that you were able to ask for help and that brought some peace. Looking forward to seeing you guys and hoping Kellen is totally fever-free!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I had 2 sick kids and hubby for 10 days here with the flu and there were many moments where I wondered how much more I could take. Other days it's their and my tempers that are driving us nuts- so I totally identify. Raising kids has so many highs and lots of rough spots too. Glad someone came by and pitched in.

Ian said...

I'm glad that you called a friend to help. She will be blessed too by serving you. Sometimes we forget to ask others for help, not realizing that this is good for them too.
Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that. It's hard to ask for help and hard to admit that sometimes it's needed. What a beautiful baby!

armacleod said...

Its good to see that there are some angels nearby for aid when it is needed. I'm glad you were able to stop by the other day as well to show us your lovely children. Thanks for that blessing as well.

Anonymous said...

Remember you have family within 15-50 mins away the next time you are feeling like this! That is an ORDER! Love you! Thanks for keeping us posted on the babies... its fun seeing new photos while we are in India! Love, Andrea

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! Isn't it fun when they smile at you? It just makes you feel so special.

Anonymous said...

Oh - and that last comment was from me! Sarina