Friday, June 12, 2009

Fruit Salsa

I didn't think I'd be back here so soon, but I have to share this winner. It was the biggest hit at a cooking class this week and then with my own family. I think its a must for summer picnics and I promise its well worth your time.

Fruit Salsa
2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
1 cup strawberries, chopped
1 kiwi, peeled, chopped
1 orange, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 cup peaches (fresh or canned)

Can pulse the fruit in a processor for salsa consistency or finely chop.

Mix together 2 T marmalade or jam, 2 T brown sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice (or I substituted peach juice from can) and combine with fruit.

Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips: Cut tortillas into wedges, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake about 10 minutes or until crisp at 450F.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds sooo good! I think I'll be trying it!
Karisa

Madame Angela Baggett said...

sounds yummy- do you serve samples? I'll come right up, give me a couple weeks or so ;)

pella said...

going to try this this weekend!! Thanks Janet!

pella said...

DELICIOUS!