Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hmmm... (7)

I'm only here so I don't lose. I'm not feeling particularly inspired. It's only 9pm and I am so ready for bed. But, I'm going to fold some more laundry and I'm still trying to convince myself that I should clean the upstairs floor. I'm envisioning how beautiful it would look as the sunshines in on it tomorrow morning. Ian is busy painting the second coat in Lanelle's room. No help on the color from anyone, hmm. I was very disappointed. I hope I like what I've chosen. No stripes, in case anyone was concerned I'd ask for that again.

Hmm...what else?

Oh, Lanelle really communicated with me! Not just points, grunts, and less preferred methods. She was standing, pointing and grunting at the fridge (it gets better) and I asked her what she wanted. "Berries." Perfectly understood by me. I love that moment. Realizing that soon understanding this little person is going to get easier, because she can actually speak English! "You want blueberries?", I asked. She didn't say her yes, but the head nodding, ear to ear grin, and jumping up and down let me know how excited she was to have said what she wanted.

Kellen is excited about playing soccer tomorrow. He's not old enough to play organized. But, some moms decided that we should get our 3 yr olds together to kick the ball around. I didn't think he'd really know what it was about or care. But he was super excited. When I put him to bed tonight, he asked what shirt he would wear for soccer. So, we looked in his drawer. I was thinking, how does he know you should have a special shirt for soccer. We found a soccer jersey and I explained thats what should be worn. "Is it like Franklin's?" he asked. Hmmm... That's why he was excited about playing soccer. He loves Franklin and has seen the Franklin Plays Soccer episode and read that book. I'm often amazed at how much Franklin has taught him.

Hmmm... there I came up with 2 stories. Better get to the laundry now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Cute stories. Good for you, I was feeling uninspired too.....but still too competeive to quit!!
love ya- Jenn

Anonymous said...

Janet - this is completely unrelated to your blog, but I wanted to ask you about the Bamboozle diapers that you use. Where did you buy them? Do you still like them? I'm thinking of trying some cloth when this baby comes but there are so many options on the internet, how do you choose a kind?
Vicki

Davis Family said...

We love franklin too! Fun little turtle!