Sunday, May 03, 2009

One Thing (2)

This poor little pumpkin sat on our counter after being picked last fall for many, many months. I'm sure it was hoping to be used for a good purpose and hoping its life wouldn't be wasted. As some darkened spots started appearing, I'm sure it feared the worst. I had grand ideas for the pumpkin when I first set it on my counter, but it became one of "those things." The things that hang over my head.

So, early last Sunday morning, overcome by the need to feel in control of my life. I grabbed a knife and started chopping. I mashed it with my newfound energy I gained. Then I made pumpkin loaf and "Deceptively Delicious" oatmeal for breakfast. I had a great day and that turned into a great week all because of the mashed pumpkin on my stove. More things got checked off my list than most weeks.

Made me think that I should have one of "those things" on my list for every Sunday, to start my week off. Here it is, almost the end of the day, but my "thing" hasn't been accomplished. My whole weekend has been kind of sidetracked. And, really, I'm glad it was. The airshow at Moose Jaw was great and time with family was valued. So, maybe next weekend I'll get my one thing done.

No comments: